Adrian is a specialist in Employment Law. He appears regularly in the Employment Tribunal across England and Wales, where he acts for both claimants and respondents.
His practice covers all areas of Employment Law, with particular experience in cases involving discrimination and harassment, unfair dismissal, redundancy and whistleblowing.
Adrian welcomes instructions to advise on all employment matters and has experience drafting a wide range of documents from pleadings to complex settlement agreements. He also has experience of appearing in, and advising on, appeals to the Employment Appeal Tribunal and judicial mediations.
Adrian can accept instructions directly from the public in appropriate cases. Please contact the 12CP Clerks if you would like to instruct him directly to provide advice, draft documents or represent you at a hearing.
Recent cases include:
- Nine-day case involving claims of disability discrimination, unfair dismissal (capability) and loss of pension entitlement under the Local Government Pension Scheme. Case settled after two days of negotiation.
- Instructed by local authority responding to claims of unfair dismissal, age discrimination and wrongful dismissal being brought by a former Housing Officer. The discrimination claim was withdrawn during the multi-day hearing and the Tribunal ultimately held that the dismissal had been fair.
- Acted for multiple claimants in a five-day constructive dismissal and sex discrimination trial.
- Represented several employees bringing claims against a restaurant owner, one of whom was awarded nearly £100,000 in compensation when her claims of unfair dismissal, sex discrimination, harassment and post-employment victimisation were upheld.
- Successfully resisted an employer’s appeal against a finding of indirect religious discrimination (Employment Appeal Tribunal)
In addition, Adrian has been a regular part-time lecturer in Employment Law at the University of Winchester.
He also holds seasonal Employment Law seminars in Chambers, and offers bespoke in-house training to HR professionals and managers on Employment Law and the practical implications of discrimination in the workplace.
Please contact the 12CP Clerks for more information.
View Adrian’s Privacy Notice here.
If you are an employer or member of the public who would like to instruct Adrian directly, you can find important information about his prices and services here.
Murray v Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Unfair dismissal. Successful claim for cleaner.
Vasan v Priory Healthcare Ltd
Wrongful dismissal. Failure to disclose criminal investigation of family member.
Sedze v Bulb Interiors
Maternity discrimination. Unfair dismissal. Successful representation of Respondent.
James-Michel v Fitness First Clubs Ltd
Unfair dismissal. Victimisation. Allegations of race discrimination.